Your privacy matters to us at the Kafnu community and the Kafnu Group (described below) and the Next Story Group of which Kafnu is part. We are committed to ensuring that the Personal Data which you entrust to us is kept protected in line with any applicable laws. This Policy explains how we collect, use, disclose and process your Personal Data.
Please read this Policy carefully before using our App, website and/or any of our facilities and services.
By using our App and/or website, and by signing up as a member of the Kafnu Member Network, you consent to and accept our collection, use, disclosure and processing of your Personal Data in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
Any mention of “we”, “us” or “our” in this Policy shall refer to Kafnu Group Pte. Ltd. and its affiliates that operate our respective Kafnu premises (the Kafnu Group), and the Next Story Group of companies. Any mention of “Services” is a reference to your access and use of our App, online member network, workspaces (including hot desks, communal desks, meeting rooms, private offices, sound or art studios) and other facilities, member-only events and trainings, and other offerings and features that are offered in any of our premises (and which will vary between premises).
We may from time to time update this Policy to ensure that it remains consistent with our premises and Services we offer and/or any changes to legal or regulatory requirements. Where any applicable law or regulation in your jurisdiction conflicts with the provisions of this Policy, the text of the applicable law or regulation will prevail.
Personal Data We Collect
“Personal Data” refers to any information about you from which you can be identified either directly or indirectly.
Examples of Personal Data which we collect may include:
- your name, identification number, passport number, photograph, telephone number(s), date of birth, email address, mailing address and any other information relating to you which you may have submitted to us;
- information on your professional background such as the name of your employer, your job title, your industry, skills and area(s) of professional expertise;
- payment information such as your credit card information and billing address;
- basic account information from your social media or Google account where you sign-up for membership and/or login to our App using such accounts;
- information on your usage of and interaction with our website; and
- information on your general or specific geographical location where you specifically enable the collection of such location data when you install our App.
How Your Data is Collected
Generally, we may collect your Personal Data in the following ways:
- when you submit information to us through our App, website and/or paper forms;
- when you access our App and/or website, and/or perform an online transaction;
- when you sign-up for alerts, newsletters and/or email mailing lists;
- when you interact with any of our employees either in-person or online;
- when you communicate with us or third parties engaged by us;
- through Closed-Circuit Television (“CCTV”) recordings when you visit our premises or use our Services; and
- when you use internet connection, networks, telecommunications systems and/or information processing systems at our premises.
Please review the sections of this Policy on CCTV recording, Web Cookies and Web Beacons, Location-Based Services and Cybersecurity Monitoring for further information on these topics.
Purposes for Collection, Use, Disclosure and Processing of Your Personal Data
We may collect, use, disclose and/or process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to provide any Services which you require such as to facilitate bookings of facilities and/or work spaces, send confirmations, assist you with arranging meetings and/or other events;
- to provide you with further information and details concerning the Services which you have purchased, or events and/or activities which you have signed-up for;
- to ensure the safety and security of our employees, property, facilities and premises, and to protect our members and guests, their property and data;
- to respond to any queries or requests made by you, or to handle any complaints;
- to communicate with you to inform you of changes and updates to our policies, terms and conditions, and other administrative information in relation to our Services;
- to verify your identity for the purpose of providing you with our Services;
- to facilitate and/or process any payments between you and us;
- to conduct market and statistical research in order to better understand customer preferences and demographics, and/or to improve our operations, systems, Services;
- to manage the performance of our Services;
- to enforce and/or manage legal claims;
- any other purpose for which we have specifically obtained your consent; and
- any purpose directly relating to the above.
Direct Marketing and Other Optional Purposes
Where you have provided us with your additional express consent, we may collect, use and/or disclose your Personal Data for the further purposes of:
- direct marketing of our Services, promotions, sales, offers, events and/or activities;
- administering contests and competitions;
- participating in our branding activities (including without limitation, the publication of your image, written quotes and testimony, audio or video recordings for the purpose of promoting our company or companies, and our community);
- to provide opportunities for networking between our members, including by facilitating introductions between members over our App; and
- to maintain a directory of members for access by other members.
Your decision not to provide consent for direct marketing and/or any of these optional purposes will not affect our provision of Services which you have signed-up for or purchased.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
Subject to the provisions of this Policy and any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed for the purposes listed above (where applicable) to the following parties:
- Companies in the Kafnu Group and Next Story Group, their officers, agents and employees;
- Members of the Kafnu community (where you have provided additional specific consent for disclosure);
- Third party service providers, including but not limited to printing service providers and/or delivery companies for the purposes of sending you postal mail;
- Our professional advisors such as auditors and lawyers;
- Banks, financial institutions, credit card companies and payment providers, and their respective service providers; and
- Subject to any applicable law, any other person in connection with the purposes set forth above.
Web Cookies and Web Beacons
Our website uses Web Cookies for the purpose of collecting information such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address and session identifier. Web Cookies are small text files which are sent to your internet browser. They help us track traffic patterns on our website and the website’s performance. We also use Web Cookies to facilitate the provision of password protected functions on our website. Web Cookies are not used to determine the personal identity of anyone who is merely visiting our website.
If you do not want to receive Web Cookies from our website, you have the option of setting your browser to notify you when you receive a Web Cookie, so that you may determine whether to accept it or not. However, please be aware that if you do turn off ‘cookies’ in your browser, you will not be able to fully experience some of our website.
Our App uses Web Beacons to collect information such as your IP address. Web Beacons are small transparent images or bits of code that, like Web Cookies, allow us to track traffic patterns on our App and the App’s performance. Such Web Beacons will only be active when you browse different parts of our App. Web Beacons may also be used where you have consented to us sending you emails for direct marketing. By using our App and/or consenting to us sending you emails for direct marketing, you also consent to the use of such Web Beacons.
Location-based Technologies and Services
We use location-based technologies to provide you with personalised services. Your location includes your general or specific geographic location information, collected through GPS, Bluetooth or WiFi signals to the extent permitted by the settings of your devices.
Such services will include facilitating member networking by introducing you to other members of the Kafnu network, or other members to you, through push notifications from our App (where you provide us with your express consent to do so).
When you install our App, you will also be prompted to enable our App to access your location data. You will be allowed the options of either permanently enabling your location to be shared with us through our App, or restricting this function to work only when our App is being used. You may choose to disable this function in response to the prompt, or at any time through your iPhone’s settings in accordance with your personal preferences.
Our premises are equipped with location beacons. These beacons may track your location, but only within our premises.
Where you have not agreed to the provision of any location-based services, your location data, even where you have enabled such collection, will only be used for gathering statistics on an anonymous basis such as for creating ‘heat maps’ showing how frequently our different facilities are utilised.
We are committed to ensuring that internet and other technology services which we provide at our premises are secure.
Subject to any applicable law, we may monitor your use of our internet connection(s), wireless or cable networks, telecommunications systems and/or information processing systems, where there are reasonable grounds to suspect a breach of our information technology policies. Where such a breach is detected, you will be notified as soon as reasonably practicable.
International Transfers of Personal Data
The provision of our App and online services may involve the storage of your Personal Data on Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) data servers based overseas in Australia and the United Kingdom. We have taken appropriate steps to ensure that the storage of your personal data will not affect the protections provided to you under your local data protection or privacy legislation. Privacy and data protection legislation exists in these countries which provide protection to your personal data which is comparable to or higher than that in your jurisdiction.
Data Security Safeguards
We have implemented reasonable procedures to ensure that any Personal Data in our possession or under our control is adequately protected.
These measures include:
- the use of Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) technology to ensure that password authentication on our website is secure;
- the use of updated anti-virus software and regular Operating System and software updates; and
- the use of firewalls.
Closed-Circuit Television Systems
Our premises and facilities are equipped with CCTV systems to protect the safety of our employees, members, guests and their property.
CCTV recordings may only be viewed, by our employees and/or third party security personnel with whom we have contracted, on a need-to-know basis. Recordings may also be shared with competent authorities in accordance with any applicable law. Unless required for the conduct of an investigation, or where requested or required by the relevant authorities, recordings are automatically deleted after a certain amount of time.
Withdrawal of Consent
You may at any time withdraw your consent for our collection, use, disclosure and/or processing of your Personal Data by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note however that depending on the nature and extent of the consent which you seek to withdraw, this may affect our ability to continue with our provision of Services to you. Where our ability to continue such Services is adversely affected, this may result in the termination of any/all contractual arrangements we have with you.
Access & Correction of your Personal Data
You may request access to your Personal Data which we have in our possession or under our control at any time. In addition, you may request that we make corrections to your Personal Data.
Please submit any requests for access and correction to our Data Protection Officer.
Data Protection Officer
If you have any questions relating to this Policy or your Personal Data, or would like to make any requests concerning your Personal Data, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the contact information provided below:
By Phone : +61 2 8962 2444
By Fax : +61 2 8962 2320
By Email : [email protected]
By Mail : Data Protection Officer – Next Story Group,
SilverNeedle Hospitality Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 5368 West Chatswood NSW 1515 Australia